Have a desire to help out with the festival, but don’t have the availability to make a long-term commitment? While SOFD is always happy to welcome new members to the committee, there are plenty of SMALL ways you can be a BIG help during festival weekend.
The following is a list of short-term volunteer opportunities. If you or your organization would like to assist with any of these needs, please contact SOFD today for more information!
- Stage Assembly Crew – Monday, August 5; Load at 5:00 PM at DPW; Setup at 6:00 PM in the Chemical Bank Parking Lot on Main Street
- Chair Setup Crew – Wednesday, August 7 at 6:00 PM in the Chemical Bank Parking Lot on Main Street
- Bingo Tent Setup Crew – Wednesday, August 7 at 6:00 PM in the Montcalm Care Network Parking Lot on Main Street (next to Leppink’s)
- Assistant to Put Festival Banners Up – Along Main Roads & Intersections in Surrounding Areas, Time & Date To Be Determined
- Assistants for Sound System Setup & Takedown – Before and After Stage Events Thursday-Saturday, See Schedule
- Raffle Ticket Sales – Prior to and During Festival, Must be 18+
- 50/50 ticket sales – During Stage Events, Must be 18+, See Schedule
- 5K Route Pointers – Saturday, August 10 from about 8:15 AM to 9:45 AM, Meet at Maddie’s Park for Route Placement
- Parade Lineup Assistants – Saturday, August 10 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM at the Save-A-Lot Parking Lot
- Car Show Registration Assistants – Saturday, August 10 any time between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM at the corner of Walnut & S Court St
- Tractor Show Assistants – Saturday, August 10 starting at 11:00 AM, Various Locations and Tasks
- Information Booth Attendants – Friday-Saturday, Various Times Available