VIRTUAL RACE. REAL DISTANCE.
Hosted by Central Montcalm Lions Club
In light of the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, our annual race is going virtual for 2020. Through this unique event, it is our hope to unite participants as they engage in a common activity and provide a feeling of being together while apart through interaction with the Stanton 5K Facebook Group.
STEP 1 – GET REGISTERED
- Sign up online or print & mail a form below.
- The $25 donation for 5K participation includes a race T-shirt that will be available for pick up or delivery following SOFD Weekend. A $100 max applies for families of 5 members or more.
- Fun Run registration for ages 10 & under is $5 with a T-shirt, or FREE without a T-shirt.
STEP 2 – RACE & REPORT
- Complete a 5K (3.1 mile) run/walk any time between the day you sign up & Saturday, August 15, 2020.
- Send proof of your finish with a photo of your GPS watch display or a screenshot of your fitness app showing total distance and time to any of the contact methods listed below.
- Additional selfies or photos of your group are also welcome. All photos will be included in a special album in the Stanton 5K Facebook Group at facebook.com/groups/Stanton5K to provide an opportunity for social engagement and a place for participants to cheer for and support each other.
- ★BONUS: Not only can you compete against others in this event, but you can also compete against yourself! If you can beat your own time prior to August 15th, you can resubmit your results. There is no limit to the number of submissions, so challenge yourself to keep improving!
STEP 3 – RESULTS & AWARDS
- 5K Participants: Finishing data will be logged as it is reported on a master spreadsheet that will be posted in the Facebook Group and made available here: tiny.cc/5KRESULTS
- Fun Run Participants: Distance and time will not need to be reported or recorded, but we’re happy to post their photos and celebrate all of our little runners.
- Certificates will be available for pick up or delivery to the top male and female racers with the best overall times, as well as the top male and female within each of the seven age group categories.
- Racers must complete full 5K distance (3.1 miles) to qualify for awards.
Race results and questions can be submitted to Jane Basom via the following methods:
Thank you for going the distance to support the Central Montcalm Lions Club! Proceeds will go toward community efforts such as the purchase of glasses & hearing aids for the area’s financially disadvantaged.